Saturday, June 21, 2014

Totally on schedule monthly update

Pretty short update here.  I spent the past couple weeks porting what I had written in C++ to C# and the Unity engine.  Once I did that and got a lot of it working I decided to take some time and write a more generic framework to drive the application within the engine.  I've got a decent base of that now to work with and I've begun the job of refactoring the code I had written in the last few weeks to work with the new framework.  At this point I should be capable of using this base to drive the progress to a reasonably playable state, as long as things in my life do not change drastically in the next coming weeks.  I also wanted to share that I've made the code for the game itself available online for free as I develop it.  You're able to follow the code progress here: https://github.com/cleavetv/Architect if that's something you're interested in.  If you're able to get a copy of Unity (and assets) you can even build it yourself.  If anyone is interested in helping with compatibility version testing when I have builds ready let me know, I can provide compiled binaries for PC, Linux, or Mac.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My god, an update! >.>

      PS Get back to Dota! :p

      Delete